Vegan and Gluten Free Banana Bread
We love banana bread, and I’ve recently been playing around with some gluten and dairy free options. This recipe is truly scrumptious so I just had to share!
It combines lots of healthy ingredients, making this a guilt free, tasty treat 😋
Like most recipes it can be tweaked based on what you prefer/have in your cupboard!
- 5 very ripe bananas 🍌
- 25g coconut oil 🌴
- 1-3 tbsp maple syrup 🍁 (depending on taste)
- 125g gluten free plain flour
- 100g ground almonds
- 3 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 50g chopped pecans (plus extra for decoration)
- 50g chopped dates
You could also add some raisins, figs, cranberries etc…the choices are endless!
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C
- Peel and mash all the bananas 🍌 in a bowl 🍚
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan
- Add the melted oil and maple syrup to the banana mix and stir
- Mix in the ground almonds, sifted flour, baking powder and cinnamon
- Add in the chopped pecans and dates or other fruit/nut combo you’re using and give one final mix
- Transfer into a lined loaf tin and bake in the oven for 50-60mins
- Test with a skewer or knife to see if it comes out clean, then remove from tin and allow to cool on a wire rack.
I loosely covered my tin with foil for the first half of the cooking as my oven tends to burn things, as you can see I still didn’t quite get away without slightly burning some the nuts!
Although you’ll want to eat it straight away, it’s worth waiting until it’s cooled a little before slicing it, or it’s likely to crumble!
Now make yourself a cuppa, grab a book or magazine and make yourself some time to enjoy!